You probably don’t wash yours as often as you should.
People use reusable water bottles for a wide variety of reasons. They are better for the environment, good for your health, and help you to stay hydrated. Of course, any health benefits would require that you wash them on a regular basis. Otherwise, you may just be negating the benefits that they provide.
View this post on Instagram
♻️BPA and TOXINS FREE – Completely recyclable as WATERFALL bottle is reusable and our product is non-toxic and BPA free. It will never rust or leave a bad metal taste in your mouth keeping your health 100% healthy.⠀ *⠀ *⠀ *⠀ *⠀ *⠀ #sportwaterbottle #sportwaterbottles #sportwaterbottledisplay #sportwaterbottledesign #SPORTWATERBOTTLE #stainlesssteelwaterbottle #stainlesssteelwaterbottles #stainlesssteelwaterbottleforkids #stainlesssteelwaterbottledesign #stainlesssteelwaterbottels #stainlesssteelwaterbootle #stainlesssteelwaterbottle🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌 #stainlesssteelwaterbottel #SPORT #WATER #SPORTSWATERBOTTLE #zekecommerce #waterfallbottle #sportswaterbottle #sportswaterbottles #sportswaterbottlesneedtobefilleddaily #waterbottle #waterbottles #waterbottleflip #waterbottleswag #waterbottlelove #waterbottleflips #waterbottlesfordays #waterbottleobsession #waterbottleaddict
As far as washing those reusable water bottles is concerned, something that typically is not discussed is the need to wash them more frequently. If you don’t clean your water bottle often enough, exposure to bacteria and germs could be a problem. If you stop to think about it and are really honest with yourself, you probably don’t wash yours as often as you should.
That leads us to question, how often should we be washing those water bottles? If you use it on a regular basis, a daily washing is a good idea. You may be wondering now if it is worth it and you will be happy to know, following the steps outlined below can help you to wash your bottle in less than five minutes.
In order to wash the water bottle, you will need the following:
Water bottle cleaning tablets (optional)
Paper towel or clean dish towel
Here’s How to Do It:
1. Wash your bottle at least once per day. Fill the bottle with warm water and a tiny amount of dishwashing liquid. Scrub the walls and bottom of the bottle using the bottle brush. Do more than just clean the inside, pay attention to the lip of the bottle. Rinse thoroughly.
2. Keeping in mind that bacteria loves a moist environment, use a clean paper towel or dishtowel to dry the bottle immediately. If you want to let your bottle air dry, leave the cap off for the trapped moisture could create a breeding ground for germs.
3. For those who use a dishwasher safe bottle (check the label), use the top wash of the dishwasher and run it on the hottest water setting.
4. If you have neglected your water bottle and it has developed a smell, you need to go in for some deep cleaning. Put a teaspoon of bleach in the bottle, fill it with cold water, and let it sit overnight. Rinse it thoroughly before using it the following day.
5. If you don’t want to use bleach, fill it halfway with vinegar and top it off with cold water. Let it sit overnight, rinse thoroughly, or run it through the dishwasher.
6. If you want to deep clean the water bottle without scrubbing, you can use water bottle cleaning tablets. Many people love them.
7. Make sure that you include the cap or lid of the water bottle when you wash it. If it is made up of multiple parts, separate them and check for anything that may be hiding in the crevices.
8. It is also important to clean any reusable straws that you are using. Straw cleaners are a must for this purpose. A solution of warm water with dishwashing liquid is used and you can scrub away anything that is inside of the straw. Rinse with warm water or, if dishwasher safe, put them in the dishwasher for a thorough cleaning.SKM: below-content placeholder