This stew is a super easy and nutritious meal to warm you up and keep you going through the night, even when it’s cold and dark out. We love packing a ton of veggies into our dinners, so this meal really gets us going, along with being really tasty. You can cater this meal to whatever vegetables you like and/or whatever you have on hand, so it’s simple to make and can work with your pantry staples!
We love to whip out fancy meals and push ourselves with new recipes now and again, but there’s definitely something to be said of a simple, tried-and-true dish that will never fail you .. This stew is one of those meals you can always rely on and will never cease to hit the spot for you and your family!
Potato & Squash Stew
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 yellow squash, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place diced butternut squash in a large bowl and toss with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven and cook potatoes until tender. 10-12 minutes.
- Add onions, squash, zucchini and garlic and cook until softened and tender.
- Add butternut squash to the mix and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, then ladle into bowls and drizzle with more olive oil before serving.