We don’t know about you, but we tend to get into a rut when it comes to our lunches. It’s not that we necessarily like having the same thing day after day, it’s just that we sort of forget there are other tasty and easy options out there. That’s why we bring you this yummy sandwich and spin on the classic chicken salad!
This sammy is super tasty and really easy to make. If you love the standard chicken salad too much to stray, that’s fine, but the addition of avocados really makes this sandwich interesting and delicious! Along with the cubed chicken and avocado, we add Greek yogurt to make it a little healthier, fresh lime juice for added flavor and zest, and a touch of garlic powder, which neatly finishes things off. When you put all that in a light and fluffy croissant, you’ve got a great thing going, so sit back, relax, and enjoy your lunch!
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 4 croissants
- 4 leaves lettuce (butter, iceberg, romaine, etc)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cubed chicken, avocado, mayonnaise and Greek yogurt, and carefully toss together. Try not to mash up the avocado.
- Sprinkle in the lime juice, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder, and toss together again.
- Take a knife and butterfly cut your croissants horizontally, leaving one side still connected.
- Layer a leaf of lettuce in each croissant and place 2 slices tomato on top. Then spoon in chicken salad.
- Top each sandwich with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Family Fresh Meals