Tangy Guacamole Recipe: Sweet Mango Guacamole
Guacamole is always delicious, but sometimes it’s nice to switch things up. This is a great choice for summer months when mangoes are fresh, ripe and ready to be taken advantage of — and it’s crazy how this simple addition transforms regular guacamole! We also love how easy it is to customize, depending on the crowd. Hanging out with a group of people who love some extra heat? Feel free to add some diced Serrano or jalapeño pepper. Don’t like cilantro? No problem. Go ahead and make it exactly how you like it. (And don’t worry, if you eat it out of the bowl, on the couch by yourself, we won’t tell!)
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt, to taste
- cilantro, to taste
- In a large bowl, use a fork to mash the avocados. You can decide how chunky you like it.
- Dice and add in the tomato, onion, mango and garlic.
- Add in the juice of one lime, then season with your preferred amount of salt and cilantro.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted fromSally’s Baking Addiction