We love a good cookie in our house, especially when it’s homemade. We’ve got a great go-to cookie recipe that we’re sure you’ll enjoy. These 5-ingredient cookies are made with pantry staples and truly whip up in no time – which, as you know, is one of our favorite things: satisfying our sweet tooth without having to wait…can cookie-making get any easier?!? Pour yourself a warm cup of tea with a side of these buttery-sweet cookies.
This fairly traditional cookie has several variations, including using shortening, adding lemon or lime zest, or including some kind of nut, such as almonds. While other additions can be super yummy, the basic recipes stands on its own, so we like to keep it simple and save the fancier stuff for special occasions. Besides, we think a dusting of powdered sugar is more than enough to spruce this cookie up. Whether you’re wrapping these up and sending them off as a thank you to teachers, co-workers, or friends, or keeping them for yourself and your family, we’re sure you will enjoy these crumbly sweet cookies just as much as we do!
5 Ingredient Spanish Tea Cookies
Serves 5-6 dozen
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat butter for 2-3 minutes, or until smooth and creamy, then mix in sugar and vanilla. Gradually add in flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Lightly flour a clean surface and roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness. With a 2-inch round cookie cutter, carve out cookies and transfer to 1-2 baking sheets.
- Place baking sheets in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are just golden. Briefly allow to cool before dusting with confectioner’s sugar. Serve alongside your favorite cup of tea!
Recipe adapted from Recipe 4 Living