There is nothing worse than taking a big spoonful of soup, expecting a rich, full-bodied flavor, and ending up not really tasting anything at all. If you’re looking for an easy, tasty soup recipe, look no further than this sausage, potato and cabbage soup is great! Perfect for Fall or Winter, this soup is hearty and filling, and doesn’t take all afternoon to make. It’s also nice to know that if you get distracted while the soup is simmering away, it’ll only add to the delicious taste!
- 1 pound kielbasa (sausage), sliced
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- chives, chopped, garnish
- fresh dill, garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat brown the sausage.
- Once cooked on all sides, add diced onion and saute until softened and translucent. Then add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Next add the potatoes, mustard and vinegar, and stir everything together.
- Add chicken stock and cabbage, and season everything with salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with chives and dill and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Barefeet In The KitchenSKM: below-content placeholder
Whizzco for 12T