Are you ready for a fresh and filling salad that’s got some serious zing to it? If so, this one is your winner. Stuffed with deliciously seared flank steak, radishes, avocado and zesty ginger, you’ll be so excited with this salad you won’t know what to do with yourself!
We like it anytime, but since it’s a little on the fancier sideas far as leafy greens goand it presents beautifully, it’s great for entertaining. Even if you think salads aren’t “your thing,” you should still check this bad boy out, cause it delivers.
Flank Steak Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 8 oz. mixed greens
- 5 radishes, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch bean sprouts
- 1, 1/2-inch piece ginger, optional, peeled into very thin strips
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Season both sides of steak generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and, once hot, sear flank steak in pan.
- Cook steak for 4-5 minutes per side, without moving it in between, until desired doneness is reached.
- Remove steak from heat, set aside and let rest 5 minutes, then cut diagonally into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, bean sprouts, radishes and avocado.
- In a glass or small bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, lime juice and minced garlic.
- Drizzle over salad, season everything liberally with salt and pepper, then place steak strips and ginger strips on top.
- Serve immediately.