When we have people over, we like to get as much of the work as possible done beforehand so that we can spend our time enjoying our friends’ company. Too many times we’ve underestimated the effort required for the recipes we wanted to make, so we’re really good now at making delicious dishes that are super easy to whip up.
For appetizers, you can never go wrong with a great dip, and this is one of our staples; with spinach, artichoke hearts and lots of cheese, this one goes perfectly with veggies or bread, and we end up never having any leftovers because it always gets gobbled up!
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 1/4 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese (we used low-fat, small curd)
- 2-3 tablespoons water, if needed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place your spinach, artichoke hearts, cottage cheese and cream cheese in your slow cooker and stir together.
- Season with salt and garlic powder and stir again.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours (or on HIGH for 2). If dip isn’t creamy enough, mix in 2 tablespoons water and cook until dip is creamier and water has evaporated.
- Transfer dip to serving bowl and serve with vegetables or crusty bread.
Recipe adapted fromDamn DeliciousSKM: below-content placeholder