Having A Get Together? Start Things Off With These Slow Cooker Party Tots!
While we love entertaining, we hate feeling flustered and rushed and as though we didn’t actually spend time mingling with our guests. That’s why we like to stick with easy dishes that can either be prepared ahead of time or made in the slow cooker so we don’t have to spend the whole night running to and from the kitchen…for maximum party enjoyment these tots are our favorite!
Made in the slow cooker, this recipe is perfect for entertaining because the potatoes are small (no struggling to cut them with a knife) and tasty, and you can put them in the cooker and then not have to worry about them – they check all our boxes for breezy entertaining!
Slow Cooker Party Potatoes
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 sprigs rosemary, plus extra for garnish (tied together, optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- sour cream, garnish, optional
- Lightly grease your slow cooker insert with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk the rosemary, onion powder, salt and pepper together, and set aside.
- Place chicken broth in a glass or bowl and stir spices and herbs into it.
- Place potatoes in slow cooker and pour chicken broth (with spices and herbs) on top of them. Stir to combine and make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, or until potatoes are fork tender.
Note: alternately, you could cook on HIGH for 3-3 1/2 hours.
- Remove potatoes (discarding cooked rosemary) from slow cooker and serve hot, garnished with more salt and pepper, and sour cream, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes And GardensSKM: below-content placeholder