Creamed Corn is a great, popular accompaniment to any barbecue! This side dish pairsvery well with any barbecue sauce or dish, and we wanted to make something that was not only delicious, but incredibly easy. If you’re hosting a cook-out, this is one great fix-and-forget dish to quickly make before rushing off for the rest of the set up. Here’s our incredibly simple, yet definitely delicious recipe!
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
(makes 6 servings)
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 15oz cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into thin slices
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter on medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook 2-3 minutes until translucent. Transfer the onion to the slow cooker.
- Place the corn in the slow cooker over the onion. Stir in the milk, sugar, nutmeg, salt and pepper until well combined. Without stirring, top with butter and cream cheese. Cover and cook on high heat for 2-3 hours.
- Uncover and stir until the butter and cream cheese are well combined. Cover and cook on high for an additional 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe adapted fromDamn DeliciousSKM: below-content placeholder