Slow Cooker Salisbury Steaks
Let your slow cooker do the work tonight!
As far as we’re concerned, anything made in a slow cooker is a winner. Well, as long as it tastes good. And this recipe for Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak certainly satisfies!
Salisbury steak is already kind of a cooking shortcut in and of itself, but when you adapt it to the slow cooker, it almost makes this classic dish too easy. Salisbury steak is a great budget meal. It’s just ground beef which is seasoned well and then shaped to resemble a steak.
While you don’t often think ground beef for a fancy meal, when you make it this way it works great for a special occasion. It’s so flavorful and juicy… Add some mashed potatoes and gravy you’ve got a meal to remember! It might be the easiest gourmet meal you’ll ever make, and it also might be the tastiest.
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
15 minutes active, 5 hours inactive
- For the patties:
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package of brown gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, minced onion, bread crumbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and form small patties about 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Place patties in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with sliced onion and mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the beef broth, brown gravy mix, ketchup, and Dijon mustard. Pour over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove the patties and set aside. Turn slow cooker to high and whisk in the cornstarch. Let cook until thick. Add patties back to slow cooker and coat with sauce before serving. Enjoy!