When you put two of the world’s greatest dessert together you get perfection. Take some brownies and add Reese’s peanut butter cups and you get these Reese’s Ooey Gooey Bars. And boy, are they good. We’ve also gone ahead and topped them with some extra candy pieces for good measure… we’ve used Peanut Butter M&Ms on top, but if you use Reese’s Pieces, you’ll have double the Reese’s!
This recipe transforms a plain old box of cake mix into an indulgent delicacy in just a few minutes. By tweaking the ingredients for the cake mix, you can turn the finished product into more of a dense brownie-like consistency. That means you get a chewy, fudgy, chocolatey layer with all that candy. The combination of the sweet and savory peanut butter cups and candy with the layers of fudgy chocolate is just so delicious. These just might be the gooiest brownie bars ever, and we can’t get enough of ’em.
Serves 6-8; 40 minutes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 16 regular sized peanut butter cups, unwrapped and frozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter M&Ms
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, egg, butter, and vanilla until well combined. Press half the dough into prepared baking dish.
- Arrange frozen peanut butter cups over the layer of dough, and press the remaining dough evenly over the top. Drizzle condensed milk over the top and sprinkle with peanut butter M&Ms (or Reese's Pieces).
- Bake for 30 minutes. Bars will appear under-done; they will firm up as they cool. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.