Chicken noodle soup is a comfort classic… but is there anything more comforting than casserole? Not in our book. This chicken noodle-casserole mashup ups the comfort quotient considerably; it’s like a medley of comfort classics all in one!
Sometimes you just need something a little heartier than soup, and this dish does the trick. It’s super easy to throw together – just toss some cooked egg noodles with shredded rotisserie chicken, some frozen mixed veggies, and a couple of cans of classic condensed chicken noodle soup. Oh and cheese. Why? There’s no cheese in chicken noodle soup. Well, no, there’s not, but cheese is kind of a casserole staple. And it does only good things here.
Melted butter and delicate Panko bread crumbs get sprinkled over the top, and as it bakes it forms a crunchy topping that only adds to the classic flavor. It’s an easy dinner to put together on a frenzied weeknight, but you’ll probably feel like making it when you have ample time too. It’s that good. And that comforting.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1 package (12 oz) egg noodles, cooked and drained
- meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 cans (10 oz each) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together chicken, condensed soup, mayonnaise, milk, onion, cheese, and frozen veggies. Gently fold in egg noodles and spread mixture into baking dish.
- Sprinkle panko bread crumbs evenly over the top, then drizzle with melted butter. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 30-35 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!