With just a few ingredients you probably already have on hand, this salted caramel sauce comes together in just under 15 minutes!
This delectable salted caramel sauce is essential to have on hand, and is way better than anything you could get at the store. What isn’t made instantly better with caramel sauce? We love putting it in our coffee in the morning, dipping apples in it at lunch, and drizzling it over our ice cream for dessert. The possibilities are endless, and you’ll discover your favorite way to enjoy this classic sauce once you try it out for yourself.
With just a few ingredients you probably already have on hand, this salted caramel sauce comes together in just under 15 minutes! Heavy cream and butter melt together and mix with caramelized sugar and vanilla for a recipe you and your family will be addicted to!
Salted Caramel Sauce
Serves 6-8; 15 min
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon size pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat water and sugar in a large sauce pan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved.
- Once sugar has dissolved, stop stirring and turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until the mixture turns an amber color, between 4-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully whisk in heavy cream. Make sure to add the cream slowly, as the mixture will bubble up. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the butter and salt until the butter has completely melted, and then add in vanilla salt.
- Pour caramel sauce into a dish and allow to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, and reheat if necessary.