When you think of garlic, you probably think of it as a great way to add flavor or seasoning to a meal; but did you know that by using this special roasting technique, you can transform your garlic into a creamy, spreadable topping? It’s great on french bread and pasta, but there are so many ways you can enjoy this savory spread! The technique is simple, just follow the steps below:
- Using fresh, whole garlic bulbs, remove the outer layer.
- Cut about half an inch from the head of the garlic to reveal the individual cloves.
- Drizzle the cloves with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap each bulb in aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the cloves are soft and golden-brown.
- Let the garlic cool, and use a small knife to loosen the skin around each clove.
- Squeeze the clove out, and enjoy!
If you’re more of a visual learner, or you just want to see what this roasted garlic looks like, check out the video below from Howcast.