Aside from serving as luxurious eye pads at the spa, cucumbers have a bunch of other great uses. If you’re not scheduled for a massage anytime soon, you can still enjoy a relaxing and refreshing treat with the help of this lovely green veggie. A cool cucumber soup will invigorate you, putting you in a state of zen without leaving the kitchen. Here’s how to prepare this healthful and tasty soup…
Cool Cucumber Soup
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped cucumbers divided
- 1 /12 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ice cubes
- freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Place the garlic clove on the cutting board and sprinkle with salt. Mash with the side of a chef’s knife into a smooth paste then transfer to a blender.
2. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cucumbers for garnish then pour the rest into the blender with the buttermilk, mint leaves with the sprigs reserved for garnish, vinegar, and ice cubes.
3. Blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls with remaining mint sprigs and cucumbers.
Recipe adapted from Eating Well.SKM: below-content placeholder