This is a beautiful, colorful salad that’s crisp and refreshing to serve on hot summer days. Great for potlucks and in place of a regular slaw when entertaining company.
Crisp Summer Veggie Salad
- 2 Cups celery, sliced
- 8 large radishes, cut in half and sliced
- 2 mini cucumbers, slices
- 2 raw red beets, shredded (or a 15 oz. can diced beets, drained)
- 1 large orange, zest reserved, peeled with orange sections cut into 1/2” pieces
- 2 Tblsp. chives chopped
- 1/2 Cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 Cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 2 Tblsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. reserved orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1) Combine chopped veggies and orange sections into large glass bowl. Stir in walnuts and bleu cheese.
- 2) In separate bowl, combine vinegar, oils, orange zest, and seasonings. Pour over veggies, orange, walnuts and bleu cheese and stir to coat completely.
- 3) Chill for at least 1 hour.