Maple Pecan Cookies
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- Cream butter; add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Which together maple syrup, egg and vanilla. Slowly add to butter/sugar mixture. Scrape bowl and mix again. Slowly incorporate flour. Do NOT overmix. Add chopped pecans.
- Roll dough into logs of about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed or parchment paper. Refrigerate overnight.
- Slice and bake on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper in 350 degree oven for 9-12 minutes. Watch carefully.
- Note: This dough freezes well, so you can make it ahead and bake when needed.
Check out some other recipes!