Ooey-Gooey tart and sweet dish, served as a side on all our holiday tables
- 6 Brioche rolls, diced
- 2 sticks butter – plus 6 Tablespoons more for topping, all softened
- 3 Cups Brioche cut into small squares
- 1 Cup white sugar
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 twenty ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 ½ Cups rough chopped pecans – divided
- Beat 2 sticks butter, sugars, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add pineapple and extract with hand mixer until well combined.
- Using spatula, gently fold in diced brioche and 1 Cup Pecans then put into a 9 x 13 dish.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ cup pecans over top and dot with final 6 Tablespoons of butter on top.
- Place in a 350F oven (covered with foil) for 30 minutes. Take foil off and continue baking for another 20-30 minutes or until golden brown on top and done in center.
Check out some other recipes!