Cooking Tip: This recipe only makes 2-3 dozen yummy cookies! Since they are so well-loved around the Brower house, I generally double the recipe. (This past Christmas, I quadrupled the recipe!) Also: You know I love to keep cookie dough in the freezer, ready to make cookies for guests or to give away as gifts. This is another one of those batters that freezes beautifully - and so does the frosting! Just wrap well and freeze separately. Very easy! Note about my Aunt Carmen: Carmen was always been known for her love of cooking and baking. She passed away several years ago from the complications of Alzheimer’s disease. Her love of cooking and baking lives on in many in our family. I will always treasure her recipes.
Aunt Carmen’s Amazing Orange Cookies
- 2/3 cup oleo, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 box small box vanilla INSTANT pudding
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large orange rind grated (save half for frosting)
- Mix softened oleo, sugar, egg, vanilla and orange juice.
- 2. Sift together: instant pudding mix, flour, salt, baking powder and soda.
- 3. Add mixture to butter and sugar mixture.
- 4. Add orange rind.
- 5. Bake about 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees or until lightly browned.
- 6. Frost cookies while warm.
- Frosting for Orange Cookies
- 2 Tbls. oleo
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbls. orange juice
- 2 Tbls. orange rind grated
- To make frosting:
- 1. Soften butter or margarine.
- 2. Add other ingredients and blend well.