This delicious bread is dense and tart. The sauce is sweet and the perfect compliment to the bread. This is a holiday favorite in my family!! (I usually double the recipe and cook in a Bundt pan.)
- 2 c AP flour
- 3 T melted butter
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c evaporated milk
- 1 t salt
- 2 t baking soda
- 1 bag fresh cranberries (16 oz)
- Walnuts if desired
- 1/2 c butter
- 2 c granulated sugar
- 1 c evaporated milk
- 2 t vanilla
- Mix together all cake ingredients EXCEPT for cranberries. Fold cranberries in and put into a loaf/bread pan
- Bake for 1 hour at 350° or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook for about 5 minutes after it starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Serve with warmed sauce poured over the bread!
Check out some other recipes!