Along with some hearty garlic bread, this dish is the perfect choice for a cozy dinner!
Easy-peasy dishes are our bread butter and this one is filling, healthy and super simple! Despite the fact that this meal has only a handful of ingredients, it’s full of flavor and so good. It might be chock full of veggies, but even the most ardent non-veggie person will love this! Potatoes add some extra heft, so this meal will keep you going, and you don’t need to feel guilty if you end up going for seconds. If you choose to serve this dish as the main event for dinner, pair it with some tasty garlic bread, or if you’d rather have it as a side, a light chicken dish would be perfect! With a meal this simple and delightful, you can’t go wrong!
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 large zucchini, quartered and diced
- 4 large yellow squash, quartered and diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 eggplant, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add diced potatoes, carrot and eggplant.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are fork tender. 12-15 minutes.
- Add in crushed tomatoes and chicken broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add seasoned zucchini, squash, onion and tomato, and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for at least 15 minutes, or until squashes are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then serve hot.