Whether you know them as magic bars or seven layer bars, one thing is for sure: you’ve never had them quite like this before! Traditionally, these bars have graham crackers as a base. In this fun and festive spin, we’ve replaced graham cracker crust with gingersnap crumbs and added pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the sweetened condensed milk. Don’t worry, there’s still plenty of chocolate chips to go around – three different kinds, to be exact! Top it all off with toasted coconut and you’re good to go. What’s not to love about these delicious bars? They’re sure to be a hit at all of your holiday events coming up.
Pumpkin Gingersnap Magic Bars
Serves 9 bars
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8x8 pan, and line with foil.
- Mix butter and gingersnap crumbs until well combined. Press into bottom of pan, and even out with the back of a spoon.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour over the crust.
- Sprinkle on the white and dark chocolate chips, followed by butterscotch chips, walnuts, and finally coconut.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let bars cool in pan completely before cutting and transferring to the fridge.
Recipe adapted from Sweet ReciPEAs.