You may have noticed this already, but we have no shame in sharing our love for pumpkin treats around here we hope you don’t mind. These pumpkin muffins are the perfect snack to whip up because they are so easy and so yummy! If you’re a wizard with a mixer, they’re ready in close to half an hour and after the first batch you’ll be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn’t want seconds. For those of you out there who share our appreciation of anything pumpkin- (or chocolate-) related, you have to try these!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
(Yields approx. 2 dozen, large muffins)
- 3 cups app-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2-2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line your muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, sift your flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat your eggs and sugar together. Mix in pumpkin puree and canola oil.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture. Mix well and fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill your muffin tins with about 1/4 cup of batter, or until 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tops are springy to the touch and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes, then remove muffins to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate EverythingSKM: below-content placeholder