We feel badly for all the other recipe-hopefuls out there that are trying to win you over, cause this cheesy pull-apart garlic bread really takes the cake. Seriously, this is a deliciously indulgent starter dish that you should probably share with others (although we completely understand if you want to devour the whole thing on your own) and that will steal the show wherever you bring it. Whether you want to spruce up dinner on a weeknight, or just wow any guests you’ve got coming over on the weekend, this cheesy bread will never disappoint!
Pull-Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 large loaf sourdough bread
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Use a sharp, serrated knife to cut bread diagonally in both directions to create small diamonds.Note: be careful not to cut bread all the way through; cut 3/4 way down the loaf, making sure the bottom is still connected.
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine butter, garlic and poppy seeds and microwave at 20-second intervals until melted.
- Stir green onion into butter.
- Wedge your fingers into the diamond cut-outs in the bread to open them up and drizzle melted butter and green onion down into the cracks.
- Fill cracks with shredded mozzarella (it’s ok if some pokes out on top), then wrap loaf in aluminum foil.
- Place wrapped loaf in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Carefully unwrap and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Beantown Baker