You’ve been warned: you will not be able to stop eating this once you try it…
Okay, we know we say this all the time, but it’s true: this dip is very legitimately addictive. As long as you know ahead of time that you’re going to have to give up all self-control while in its presence, you’re good to go. So what is it that’s got us so worked up this time, you ask? Pickle dip. It might sound weird at first, but hear us out: this snack is perfectly tangy, perfectly creamy and perfectly crunchy. It’s great for game night, movie night, or for if you’re just spending the night vegetating on the couch. It can do no wrong and you need to try it ASAP.
Apart from the obvious main ingredient, pickles, we used cream cheese and sour cream to get this dip as smooth and creamy as possible, then mixed in a healthy splash of pickle juice to really amp up the flavor. Fresh dill adds brightness to the dip – helping it render us completely unable to resist – and if you felt like really getting into it, a little squeeze of fresh lemon juice would round things out deliciously. (We didn’t have any on hand when we made this the other day, but don’t let that stop you!) Take our word for it, even if you don’t (think you) like pickles, this dip will completely win you over, you’ll see.
Crunchy Pickle Dip
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- pretzels or chips, garnish
- Place chopped pickles in between layers of paper towels and let sit for 10-15 minutes, or until drained.
- Mix together cream cheese and sour cream together in a medium bowl, then stir in pickles, pickle juice, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Season with salt and pepper, then serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker