We’re always stunned by how quickly things come together in the food processor, so we like to take advantage of it and whip up different snacks and dips. The other day we made a really easy crust for our lemon bars and then we wanted to try out something a little more savory…which led us to our white bean spinach pesto dip!
This dip is not only tasty, it’s also packed with protein, so it’ll tide you over until dinner – or you could spread it on some toasted bread as the base for a hearty sandwich; either way you can’t go wrong!!
White Bean Spinach Pesto Dip
30min to prepare Serves 4-6
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6 oz.) bag baby spinach
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place pine nuts in a pan or skillet and toast for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently so they don’t burn, until toasted and fragrant.
- Combine spinach, basil, pine nuts and garlic in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- While continuing to pulse, slowly pour in olive oil and lemon juice into the pesto and blend until semi-smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, add drained beans and parmesan cheese, and blend until desired consistency is reached. Note: add more olive oil if dip is too dry.
- Transfer dip to serving bowl and serve with crostini or crackers.
Recipe adapted from Reboot With Joe