Need a little mid-week pick-me-up? Or perhaps a fun, special treat for Saturday morning brunch? These Peach Cobbler Muffins are just what you’re looking for!
They have all of the sweet, summery taste of fresh peaches, as well as that signature streusel topping cobblers are known and loved for. The best part is that this classic dessert is all wrapped up in a delicious muffin, therefore making it portable. What’s better than taking peach cobbler with you wherever you go?
Now, let’s talk about the deliciousness that is Peach Cobbler Muffins. We’ve got peaches, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, and of course, plenty of butter. What would a streusel topping be without butter?
Start by mixing cinnamon, sugar, flour, and baking powder in a bowl. Next, add peach chunks and toss to coat them in the mixture. Fresh peaches are ideal, but if you’re making these out of season, canned peaches will get the job done! Just make sure to drain the peaches and pat dry.
After adding your wet ingredients – milk, egg, oil, and vanilla – portion the batter out into the prepared muffin tin before moving on to the topping.
This topping. Oh my goodness. It’s deceptively simple. Just butter, flour, cinnamon, and sugar. It really shouldn’t be so amazing, but trust me, it is. Sprinkle the tops of your muffins with this magical combination and bake for 20 minutes at 350°. That’s it! Check out this delightful muffin recipe for yourself!
Peach Cobbler Muffins
Makes 8 muffins
15m prep time
20m cook time
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped fresh (or canned) peaches
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare a large muffin tin with 8 muffin cups.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon to a large bowl, whisking to combine.
- Next, add the peaches, reserving about 3/4 cup for topping the muffins. Stir to coat the peaches.
- Stir in milk, egg, oil, and vanilla - just until the dry ingredients are combined. Don’t over-mix!
- Portion the batter into the muffin cups before moving on to the topping.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add cold butter in chunks and break it up with your fingers in the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Top muffins with the remaining chunks of peaches and a spoonful of the streusel topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from The Busy Baker.