We’ve had our fair share of potatoes, really just about any way we can get them – baked, mashed, fried, etc. – but we’d never had them like this before until recently. While there might seem like a bunch of ingredients involved, this recipe could not be simpler; the genius of this dish is that the tots bake perfectly into the parmesan, and a perfect, golden, caramelized crust forms. You need to try these to see what we’re talking about…they’re so good!
Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Serves 6; 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400º F and grease baking dish with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, oregano, paprika and chili powder until combined.
- Gradually sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over the oiled baking dish until it’s completely covered.
- Place potatoes cut side down in a single layer on top of cheese mixture, pressing gently to make sure the cheese adheres to them.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender and cheese is golden and crispy.
- While potatoes cook, whisk together sour cream and lemon juice in a small bowl, adding lemon juice until desired tartness is reached. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove baking dish from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Cut pieces of crispy potatoes as desired, leaving crispy cheese intact on potatoes, and serve hot, drizzled with sour cream mixture and chives. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Yummy Life