There’s really nothing better than an easy dip recipe. One you can throw together at a moment’s notice and feel like an accomplished host. This recipe is precisely one of those dips. With just 6 ingredients that you can easily keep on hand, this Olive Pecan Dip requires little more than softening the cream cheese and mixing everything together. Really, that’s it! Simple enough for anyone to prepare and delicious enough that everyone will want the recipe.
There’s just something about the subtle crunch of the pecans mixed with the salty, briny olives that we absolutely love. And of course, cream cheese. It’s very hard to go wrong with a dip that starts with cream cheese!
My favorite vehicle for this dip is a good pretzel, but crackers, toasted bread, or even veggies all make for great options. My relatives have even been known to spread some on their sandwiches if there’s any left the next day (we’ve been told it’s heavenly with some good deli ham).
Whether it be for a family gathering, work potluck, or cozy night in, you can’t go wrong with this creamy dip. Once you make this dish and see how truly simple it is, it will be one you go back to again and again. No extra dishes, no fuss– just the kind of recipe everyone needs in their back pocket for hectic days. Give it a go and see if you haven’t just found your new go-to dip!
Olive Pecan Dip
5m prep time
- 12oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 5oz can green olives, sliced and drained
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Crackers, pretzels, or veggies for serving
- Remove cream cheese from the fridge 30 minutes before preparing, or microwave in a small bowl for 20-30 seconds until softened.
- Mix mayonnaise, drained olives, and pecans into the cream cheese. Season to taste.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com