The tastiest quick muffins you can make.
If there’s one thing that never fails to delight at breakfast it’s a good muffin. These mocha muffins are full of rich chocolate and coffee flavor. If you’re thinking these sound like they’ll go perfectly with a cup of joe then you’re quite right. But, they’re so easy and quick to make that you can whip them up in a few minutes.
The next time you’re unsure of what to make at breakfast let these slightly sweet, truly tasty muffins come to the rescue.
To begin making this recipe you’ll need to combine the dry ingredients into a bowl. Then in another bowl combine the milk and a generous amount of instant coffee. For drinking I always make the real stuff, but for baking it’s nice to keep these coffee crystals on hand. And, in a recipe like this one instant tastes amazing.
Once you’ve combine the rest of the wet ingredients with the coffee mixture then mix with the dry ingredients. Then comes the best part: mini chocolate chips. Their diminutive size means that you get little bits of chocolate in each bite.
When these muffins come out of the oven all they need is a bit of butter or cream cheese on top to achieve perfection. It’s such a simple recipe, but the pay-off makes them a great option even when you don’t have all morning to spend baking.
Makes 14 muffins
5m prep time
20m cook time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl. In another bowl combine milk and coffee. Stir until coffee is dissolved, then add in brown sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla and mix until combined. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffins tins 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with butter or cream cheese.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.