This unlikely duo is sure to become a staple in the dinner rotation!
Mexican Italian fusion may sound a bit strange, but trust me when I say the combination totally works when it comes to this dish! Mexican Chicken Alfredo Casserole has all the things you love about chicken Alfredo – creamy, rich sauce, pasta, seasoned chicken, and cheese – while also incorporating a fun, flavorful twist!
Add some salsa and taco seasoning, and you have an unexpectedly delicious dinner on your hands! Oh, and did I mention there are three kinds of cheese involved? Yes, you read that right. Three kinds of cheese. Ricotta, parmesan, and cheddar.
Cheese mixed in with rich Alfredo sauce and spices from the taco seasoning make this is one dinner you won’t forget any time soon. The family will be begging you for seconds!
Let’s not leave out the fact that this is a casserole! It’s no secret we love casseroles around here. Toss a few things in a dish, pop it in the oven, and have dinner on the table in no time. Does it get much better than that?
You can make this recipe even easier by getting a rotisserie chicken and shredding it up instead of cooking chicken breasts and shredding them. If you go that route, all you have to do is cook the pasta, toss your ingredients together in a bowl, bake for about an hour, and you’re good to go!
Mexican Chicken Alfredo Casserole
A twist on the classic chicken alfredo!
Serves 8; 15 minutes to prepare, 50 minutes cook time
- 1 (16-oz ) package penne pasta
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced onion flakes
- 2 (15-oz) jars Alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (1-oz) package taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly spray 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked chicken, onion flakes, salt & pepper, Alfredo sauce, salsa, ricotta cheese, and taco seasoning.
- Stir in cooked pasta. Spread into prepared baking dish and top with cheeses.
- Bake covered for 50 to 60 minutes, until bubbly.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken.