From Albus to Zelda, great writers and literary characters have inspired some pretty amazing baby names!
Choosing a name for your child is similar to an author’s naming of a character. If you’ve read some good books lately, and you’ve got a little one on the way, you might want to consider some of these great authors and characters as not only inspirations for naming your child, but also for some great books to add to your reading list. We’ve got 40 great suggestions for ways to use your love of literature as an inspiration for your bouncing bundle of baby joy. Check out this list – how many of these titles or authors have you read?
20 Baby Girl Names Inspired By Literature
1. Arya, Song of Fire and Ice, by George R.R. Martin
2. Alice, Alice In Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll
3. Anne, Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery
4. Charlotte, Charlotte’s Web, by E.B. White
5. Zora, author Zora Neale Hurston
6. Zelda, wife of F. Scott Fitzgerald
7. Elizabeth/Lizzie, Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
8. Eloise, Eloise at the Plaza, by Kay Thompson
9. Harper, Harper Lee, author of To Kill A Mockingbird
10. Lisbeth, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson