Light & Delicious Recipe: Chickpea, Tomato and Feta Salad
Are you tired of boring salads for lunch or as an accompaniment to dinner? This chickpea salad is refreshing, healthy and zesty, and it only takes a few minutes to prepare. Beans are so frequently used as back-ups in a meal that we forget what great flavor they have on their own, or that they can even stand alone as a meal! This salad brings garbanzo beans to the foreground and you’ll find yourself not needing anything else to complete your lunch — this bad boy’s got it covered!
Chickpea Tomato Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 -3/4 cup feta, cubed
- 1/4-1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine the onions and tomatoes in a bowl, drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Then add salt and pepper.
- Add chickpeas, feta and very finely chopped or diced herbs.
- Mix well, adjust seasoning and place in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. Salad will marinate and flavors will continue to develop.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted fromGreen Lite Bites