The classic combo of blueberry and lemon have done it again, and this time they brought along cheesecake with a graham cracker crust. What’s not to love about fresh, juicy blueberries and zesty, citrusy lemon? Especially when they are swimming in creamy, decadent, homemade cheesecake. These truly are the flavors of summer at their best, so why not have a little slice of summer all year long?
The best part about these lemon blueberry cheesecake bars is that they freeze really well, so you can make a batch ahead of time and have them in the freezer for when unexpected company comes over. You can cut the pan into 9 even squares for a decadent dessert, or cut the pan into 24 mini squares for an indulgence you don’t have to feel guilty about! The mini squares only have 107 calories each. Throw these in the freezer for a refreshing afternoon snack!
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
50 mins to prepare Serves 9-12
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons + 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Lemon zest from 1 small lemon, minced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 300, prepare a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray and parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Stir to combine. Press graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add egg and mix for an additional minute. Stir in the whipping cream and lemon zest. Pour over crust in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the cheesecake batter and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When the center has set, remove from oven and let cool completely. Store in fridge or freezer.
Recipe adapted from Rock Recipes.