Let’s be honest with each other; we’re always in the mood for brownies. The only thing stopping us from having gooey, homemade brownies everday is time; a batch of brownies usually takes a half hour to make and once they’re spotted by passersby, they’re devoured in a matter of minutes!
We’ve come up with a solution to this problem:
The single-serving microwave mug brownie!
Grab your favorite mug (our favorite is all about puppy pride!), a few common ingredients, and stick it all in the microwave. It takes less than a minute to bake and is wickedly delicious! Just make sure you have some milk on hand to wash it down after you’re done…
Microwave Mug Brownie
30min to prepare (single serving)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Put the butter in your mug and microwave it until the butter is completely melted (about 40 seconds, depending on your microwave).
- Remove your mug from the microwave and add sugar, water, vanilla, and salt. Stir.
- Add your egg yolk, flour, and cocoa to the mug and fold the ingredients together until your batter is fully formed. Top with chocolate chips
- Microwave the entire mug for 45 seconds and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Number 2 Pencil