So often when we’re looking for a snack, we want something that is both crunchy and sweet, and in an ideal world, it will also be a little bit healthy, too. These honey roasted cashews check all of those boxes! Skip buying a pre-made pack of these at the grocery store and instead whip up your own. They’re beyond easy to make and taste even better when they’re fresh and homemade. And they’re the perfect little nibble to whip up as a gift for a hostess or as a nice treat to serve at a festive party, too. One piece of advice: honey roasted cashews disappear quickly! So be sure to tuck a handful or two away for yourself before sharing them with anyone!
Sure, it’s easy to pick up a bag of seasoned cashews at the grocery store, but making a batch at home means these will come out super fresh and delicious. A simple mix of sweet and salty ingredients, like honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, sugar, and salt are all that you’ll need to pull off the right balance of flavors. This delightful serum of sweetness is poured over top of a bowlful of cashews and spread onto a baking sheet then roasted for just a few minutes in the oven. Once cooled, they can be stored in an airtight container, but they’re just as irresistible warm from the oven, too, so be ready to do some quality control work (wink) for the sake of culinary integrity.
Before you buy a bag of these in the store, take a moment to consider just how good these would taste if you made a batch of honey roasted cashews right in your own kitchen. It’s beyond simple and they make not only a lovely on-the-go snack, but they’re sweet enough to wrap up in a beautiful container to give as a hostess gift or in a care package. These honey roasted cashews are beyond easy to make and they’re made with pantry staples, making them simply delicious.
Honey Roasted Cashews
- 1 pound cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place cashews into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter with honey and maple syrup, about 20-30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir in cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Pour mixture over top of cashews and toss until nuts are evenly coated. Spread cashews evenly over prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, tossing cashews after 6 minutes then return to oven to finish roasting.
- After 12 minutes, take cashews out of the oven and toss with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Cool cashews directly on baking sheet.
- Store cashews in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Simply Scratch.