Forget brownies, these are WAY better!
If you’ve looked at any of our other recipes, you probably know that we are certified choco-holics. We’ll devour anything chocolatey, but that doesn’t mean we don’t also have a deep affinity for all things citrus as well. All things lemon and lime are our jam, so these “lemonies” are right up our alley. Picture a dense and rich, chewy bar that’s not a brownie, but that’s brownie-like; these lemonies are the bright and zesty equivalent to a dark and moody, fudgy brownie – the perfect counterbalance, if you will.
SKM: below-content placeholder
Rated by 6 reviewers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line a 9x9-inch baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Once combined, mix in melted butter, 1/4 cup lemon juice, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, stirring until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into lined baking dish and place in oven. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- While cooling, whisk together powdered sugar and remaining lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour glaze over cooled lemonies and top with lemon zest. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from I Sing In The Kitchen
Whizzco for 12T