There’s something so satisfying about having a huge craving for something and being able to satiate it without having to make an extra trip to the store or even leave the house. In our case, we had a serious hankering for chocolate ice cream and being able to whip up an easy batch ofdouble chocolate ice cream totally made our day!
When it comes to our favorite frozen treat, we like to take the easy, no-cook route, since traditional ice creams are custard-based and require cooking over the stove before pouring into your ice cream maker…none of that for us, please. Just mix a few ingredients together, pour it into the machine and you’re good to go! Doesn’t get easier than that, folks!
No-Cook Double Chocolate Ice Cream
Yield: 1 quart
- 2 cups whole chocolate milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted, optional
[Freeze ice cream mixer bowl at least 12 hours before ready to use]
- In a large bowl, combine evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate milk and chocolate syrup.
- Transfer batter to fridge or freezer to chill.
- Once chilled, follow ice cream-maker manufacturer’s instructions.
Note: for our Kitchenaid mixer and ice cream maker, we turned the mixer on and poured in the cold batter and let it mix for 25 minutes.
- Once ice cream is the consistency of soft serve, pour it into a large, shallow dish and freeze for 2-3 hours, or until desired consistency is reached.
- If adding melted chocolate chips, stir them in here. (Melted chocolate will freeze as you stir it into ice cream.)
- Scoop ice cream into serving bowls, garnish with whipped cream and enjoy!
Recipe adapted fromMy RecipesSKM: below-content placeholder