We absolutely love when we can start the day off right with something nutritious and delicious, so let us tell you all about these yummy cauliflower omelette bites! You cook these in ramekins or in a muffin tin, so you get the cutest little omelettes that are already divvied up into the perfect portion size and are easy to grab when you’re running out the door.
In terms of what goes in these little guys, it’s entirely up to you! We love cauliflower, so we threw that in there, and then we added some tasty tomatoes for some added color and flavor. Get your cheese in there and season it all up with some garlic powder and these babies are good to go! Try these out over the weekend or whip up a batch in the evening to take with you in the morningwe know you’ll love them either way!
Cauliflower Omelette Bites
Yields 12 servings
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, stems trimmed
- 12 eggs (or combo of eggs and whites)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh cilantro, chopped, garnish
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease 10-12 ramekins (or muffin tin) with butter or non-stick spray.
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor until coarsely ground.
- Beat eggs together in a large bowl and add 1-2 tablespoons water.
- Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper, and whisk in cauliflower, cheese and tomatoes (if using).
- Pour about 1/4 cup egg mixture into each ramekins, place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately or refrigerate, stored in an air-tight container.
Recipe adapted from Simple Nourished Living