Maybe it’s just us, but we have been on a serious cauliflower kick recently. There’s something about that veggie that we just can’t get enough offor lunch and dinner, cauliflower seriously hits the spot!
This dish is a tasty one where cauliflower isn’t quite the main event, but it adds to the overall flavor and really makes the meal special. Along with chicken and spinach, this casserole has just enough going on to be interesting and delicious, without being too complicated or difficult to make perfect for any weeknight dinner! If you’ve been on a similar cauliflower bender, or if you’re just getting into it now, this dish will satisfy that craving and we’re sure you’ll want to make it again soon!
Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
1 hour to prepare serves 6
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 large head cauliflower, stems removed, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º and lightly grease a 9-13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Place cauliflower in a large saucepan with 1 inch of water over medium heat. Cover and steam until just tender.
- Drain cauliflower and place in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and cheese to bowl and toss together.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add spinach and garlic and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach to chicken and pour in beaten eggs. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and place in oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set and edges begin to brown and pull away from the side of the dish.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from I Save A to Z