Want to be the belle of the barbecue?? These hamburger cupcakes are impossibly adorable, and making them pretty much guarantees that you’ll have every party-goer raving about you and your baking skills!
We decided to make our favorite vanilla cupcakes and fudge brownies for these confections, then we just bought some frosting and food coloring and went to town! You can get your kids involved in this, or just let your creativity run wild as you take em on, solo…either way, you can’t go wrong!!
Yield: approx. 2 dozen
- 1 batch vanilla/yellow cake cupcakes (homemade or box mix)
- 1 batch chocolate fudge brownies (homemade or box mix)
- 1-2 (12oz.) cans vanilla frosting
- food coloring, red, yellow and green
- Prepare cupcakes and brownies according to (package) directions and let cool completely.
- While the cupcakes bake, divide the frosting equally into three bowls.
- Add desired amount of red food coloring to one bowl, yellow in second bowl, and green in the third, until they resemble ketchup, mustard and lettuce, respectively.
- Spoon red frosting into a re-sealable plastic bag. Seal the bag, then cut off a small tip of the corner of the bag. Repeat with yellow and green frosting.
- Once cupcakes and brownies have cooled, cut the tops off of the cupcakes and cut off a slice of the base of the cupcake.
Note: these will be your “buns” and you don’t want them to be too thick.
- Set the cupcakes aside and use a small cookie cutter to cut out brownie circles.
Note: these will be the “patties” in your cupcakes.
- Assemble your cupcakes by placing 1 brownie circle on top of your cupcake base.
- Take your green frosting bag and pipe a squiggle of frosting on the top and sides of brownie.
- Add a red squiggly layer and a yellow layer of frosting on top of the green “lettuce”.
- Top everything off by replacing cupcake top and transfer to serving tray.
Recipe adapted from Instructables