Your Kids Will Get More Than Enough Sweets! Make These Spooky Apple Dentures For Something On The Healthy Side!
Halloween Recipe: Spooky Peanut Butter & Apple Dentures
Here’s a kitchen activity you definitely want to get the kids involved with! After slicing all the apples, bring the little ones in to help you with the necessary dental work. They’ll love assembling the treats and it’s a really nice way to get them interested in cooking at an early age; it’s also perfect if you’ve got some picky eaters and want to make your presentation more interesting.
Apples and peanut butter are a classic combination, but you could also add raisins if you want some less pristine looking teeth. These apple dentures could be a fun and healthy snack after school, or an awesome party snack that has people raving, the opportunities are endless!
Peanut Butter and Apple Dentures
- 5 red apples (Fuji, Cortland, Gala), cored and sliced
- peanut butter, as needed
- 2-3 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
[Each “denture” is made up of three slices plus peanut butter.]
- Take one slice of apple and spread peanut butter on it.
- Take a second slice, peel it and cut it into small cubes.
- Carefully place the now peeled and cubed pieces on top of the first slice, nestling the cubes into the peanut butter to look like teeth.
- Spread peanut butter onto a third slice of apple and place that on top of the teeth you’ve made. The skin of top and bottom slices should be facing the same direction. You should have a mouth form.
- Sprinkle apples with lemon juice so they don’t brown before being served.
- Repeat with other slices and enjoy!