We love garlic bread. We love pizza. Put the two together and you’ve got garlic bread pizza sticks! We shared our recipe for 30-Minute Dough the other day and we’re putting it to good use again in this recipe. While you could always use store-bought pizza dough, we prefer the flavor and texture of our homemade dough…with butter, roasted garlic, and cheese, these garlicky pizza sticks are killer!!
Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
- 1 batch 30-Minute Dough
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups (sharp) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 head garlic
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- marinara sauce, store-bought or homemade, for dipping
- ranch dressing, optional
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Cut off the top 1/4 of your head of garlic (not the root) and place in the center of a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper, then wrap foil tightly around garlic to create a little packet.
- Place foil packet directly in the oven and roast for 1 hour.
- Prepare 30-Minute Dough according to directions and set aside.
- Remove garlic from oven and let rest 5 minutes before taking it out of aluminum foil.
- Raise oven temperature to 450º F and sprinkle cornmeal evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roll out pizza dough to a large rectangle and transfer it to baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, squeeze out roasted garlic and mix in softened butter until incorporated.
- Spread garlic butter evenly out over pizza dough, then sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the top.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven, cut into strips and serve hot, with marinara (or pizza sauce) and ranch dressing.
Recipe adapted from Add A Pinch