We’ve talked about our love of pizza before and how funand affordableit can be to make it yourself, and we’re here to sing its praises again! This tasty dish is our take on the classic Italian quattro formaggi (four cheese) pizza and you’ll be shocked by how easy it is to make. Excluding salt and pepper, this dish comes together with just a handful of ingredients and you can be digging into your own, homemade pizza in way under an hour! Get the family involved in the process and you can turn this into a great weekend activity where you’ll all be thrilled to share the final product togetheradd some cheese and dough to your shopping list, because it’s pizza night!
- 1 (1 pound) package frozen pizza dough, thawed, room temperature
- 3 cups mozzarella, grated
- 1 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- garlic olive oil, to taste
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- pizza pan or baking stone, optional
- Preheat oven to 400º F, place oven rack in the lower third of oven and lightly brush baking pan (or baking sheet) with oil.
- Roll your room temperature dough out to a large circle (or rectangle if you’re using a regular baking sheet) and transfer it to your baking surface.
- Take a fork and poke holes all over the dough to prevent bubbles from forming while baking.
- Using a brush or your hands, spread garlic oil over the surface of the dough.
- Sprinkle your grated mozzarella evenly over the top of the dough, then continue with your gorgonzola crumbles and spoonfuls of ricotta.
- Season pizza with salt and pepper and place in oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown, cheese is bubbly and cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious