Nothing says autumn quite like pumpkin spice. Some people like their pumpkin spice fix in latte form, but we prefer it in cookie form! Who are we kidding, we’ll take pumpkin spice in any form we can get it; these cookies definitely make the top 5 favorite fall recipes though!
This is the absolute perfect cookie texture – crisp on the outside, and soft in the middle. Loaded with all of the warm spices of the season (cinnamon, nutmeg, clove), and topped with a sweet and rich cream cheese frosting, these are sure to hit the spot. Keep reading below for the full, indulgent recipe!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting
20min to prepare 2 dozen cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare baking sheets with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and white sugar in a medium bowl. Slowly add in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Carefully add the butter mixture in with the flour mixture, stirring to combine.
- Using a tablespoon, drop cookie dough on prepared baking sheets and flatten with floured fingers (dough will be sticky).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until edges are golden.
- For the frosting: beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until well blended. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time, mixing to fully incorporate. Add in cinnamon and stir.
- Optional: after frosting the cooled cookies, sprinkle nutmeg on top for extra flavor!
Recipe adapted from The Baker Chick.