We love coming up with easy recipes that result in flavorful, filling dishes that we didn’t have to break our backs to make…not to toot our own horns, but this Thai marinade is definitely one of the best we’ve made and we barely had to do anything to get this dinner on the table!
The beauty of a marinade is that all you have to do is mix everything together and throw your meat in it to absorb all the amazing flavors. Roast (or grill) it and call it a day! It really doesn’t get much easier…go ahead and see for yourself!
Easy Thai Marinade
- 1/3 sweet chili sauce
- 1/3 cup Thai or lemon basil leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2-3 cloves garlic (to taste), grated
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- sesame seeds, garnish
- green onion, chopped, garnish
- chicken, pork, or salmon
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chili sauce, lime zest and juice, soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Mix in garlic, brown sugar and ginger, and stir until sugar is mostly dissolved. Then, add basil leaves.
- Transfer mixture to a large, re-sealable plastic bag and add your choice of meat. Squeeze out air, seal bag, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or overnight) before cooking.For chicken: Preheat oven to 400º F, and pour chicken and marinade into a baking dish. Roast for 25 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through. Place baking dish directly under broiler for 2 minutes, then remove from oven. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion, and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious