Easy Dessert Recipe: Slow Cooker Cinnamon Rice Pudding
It’s so nice to have an easy dessert recipe literally, so easy a child could do it for those times when you want to focus your time and efforts on other things, but still have a little sweet tooth fix at the end of it all. This slow cooker rice pudding is perfect for those situations. If you’re busy doing something else, get the kids in the kitchen, measuring out ingredients and throwing it in the slow cooker. You can turn the heat on low, check on it halfway through (or have an older helper assist you with that) and call it a day! This dessert is sweet, creamy and comforting– a delicious way to end any meal!
Slow Cooker Rice Pudding
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- raisins, optional
- Spray your slow cooker lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour milk and condensed milk into cooker and add in rice.
- Add butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
[Optional: add raisins.]
- Stir, cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Stir and cook for another 2 hours on low, or until rice is tender and cooked through.
- Transfer to bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Garnish with cinnamon.
Recipe adapted from Vegan In The FreezerSKM: below-content placeholder