Classic pimento cheese spread complements any snack and adds some zip to crackers, pita bread, pretzels and chips. It adds the perfect, zesty touch to any deli meat sandwich you whip up during the week, and it’s just as good when served with fresh veggies on an appetizer tray. Speaking of which, a party platter really gets bumped up a notch with colorful, tasty dip like this…place this dip in the middle of your snacks and watch it disappear within minutes!
Pimento Cheese Spread
2hr 10min to prepare serves 4-6
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pimentos, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl or mixer and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add monterey jack and cheddar cheese to the cream cheese, then add mayonnaise.
- Fold in minced pimentos and stir everything together until combined.
- Add garlic powder and season generously with salt and pepper. Mix until everything is incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Refrigerate spread for at least 2 hours, then serve with crackers and/or veggies and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from A Sweet Pea Chef