We’re always on the look out for delicious, easy recipes that are tasty and filling, especially when we’re short on time. That’s why we love one skillet meals; they are the perfect ending to a long day at work. Our chicken and zucchini pasta combines healthy vegetables with a savory cream sauce that warms us up every time. Adding a dollop of mustard brings an extra bit of spicy tang to the creamy sauce while the tender bite of zucchini adds a hit of veggie freshness. We like to serve with pappardelle pasta, but it goes great with whatever noodle we have in the pantry. If we happen to have any leftovers after feeding our hungry crew, this makes for a great to-go lunch packed away in our bag for the next work day. Once you try it, we’re sure you’ll want to add it to your weeknight dinner rotation!
Creamy Pasta With Chicken And Zucchini
Serves 4-6 30 minutes
- 1 (16oz) package pappardelle
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons whole grain or honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Romano or Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper then add to pan and sauté on medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic in skillet and sauté on medium heat until soft and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broth and whisk in mustard. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Mix in pasta and cook for 7-9 minutes.
- Add cubed cream cheese to skillet and stir until combined.
- Add chicken and zucchini. Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until pasta is tender and chicken is warmed through. Zucchini will soften but should still have some "bite".
- Add half of the grated cheese and stir until completely melted into sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and top with remaining cheese before serving.
Recipe adapted from Life In Kitchen